New Student Resources
Return to Main Page
Who to Contact
The following resources focus on Adler’s core mission, commitment to social justice, and social responsibility practice.
Social Justice in Action
Who to Contact
- Contact your instructor with any questions related to course content.
Program Director/ Department Chair
- Contact your Program Director/ Department Chair with any questions related to the program.
- Student Services can assist with academic support and issues that may have an impact on students’ classes. The pages below also detail important policies and documents that will assist you during your online course work.
- Campuses have different points of contact for student services:
- As a student of Adler University, you have access to the Adler University Library — eBooks, online journals, article databases, streaming videos, interlibrary loan for articles – and help with resources and research from a librarian.
- Article databases contain current, reliable writing, much of it scholarly and/or peer-reviewed. These are important sources because they contain the best of the literature in your field. Becoming familiar with this literature is an important part of graduate school education. The Library can help you use these databases.
- The Library doesn’t provide your textbooks. However, if one of your textbooks is available as an eBook, the Library will have at least one copy that you can read online. Note that access isn’t guaranteed. Because we may have only one copy, it be checked out and therefore, unavailable. We recommend that you purchase required texts.
- If you have questions on an assignment, please ask your instructor. Librarians are happy to help you find sources for your assignments but ask your instructor to clarify instructions as they will be the one grading your work.
- View the links below for more information on library services:
- View the video “Finding Journal Articles in Library Databases” to learn more.
- It is strongly recommended that you utilize the Adler University System Check tool to verify that your computer and browser will be compatible with all Adler University systems. Also available on the site is a list of minimum hardware and software requirements.
- For technical support within the LMS, please Contact Canvas Support.
- The Adler University helpdesk is available to assist with other technology concerns.
Adler Connect & Email
- Check your Adler email account often. You will get important news and other information through your Adler email.
- Student email addresses are formatted as firstname.lastname@example.org (i.e., email@example.com) and faculty email addresses are formatted as: firstname.lastname@example.org (i.e., email@example.com)
- Textbooks can be purchased online via the campus bookstore. Each campus has a distinct link – make sure to use the proper link for your campus.
- NOTE: If you are a Chicago student taking online classes, you will still use the Chicago bookstore link.
- Center for Learning & Teaching
- Access information on the Center for Learning & Teaching for both the Chicago & Vancouver campuses.
- All Online Campus Students have access to Brainfuse Live Tutoring and the Writing Lab, free of charge. All submissions and interactions are subject to the Adler University’s Online Campus Academic Honesty Policy as indicated in the Adler University Online Campus Student Handbook.
- How to Access Brainfuse
- Go to one of your courses in the LMS
- Select the Brainfuse option in the left navigation
- Click on the “Launch Brainfuse” link
- Choose from “Live Tutoring” or “Writing Lab”
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- View more information on Brainfuse
- Adler University has adopted Grammarly Premium for all students, faculty, and staff. Grammarly is a web-based tool that may help improve writing by providing feedback on grammar, spelling, and originality. Grammarly allows all Adler University students, faculty, and staff with an Adler e-mail account to access all of the premium Grammarly features.
- Grammarly services includes:
- Unlimited Access to Grammarly Editor
- Text Originality Check
- Microsoft® Office™ add-in
- Chrome, Safari, Firefox Extensions
- Desktop Apps for Mac and PC
- Setting up your account
- Visit https://grammarly.com/edu/signup
- Enter your Adler email address, and password – then click sign up
- You will receive an email with a link to confirm your account, which will instantly direct you to the Grammarly editor.
- Grammarly Support
- The site includes directions on how to access the browser and Microsoft Office plugins, along with other frequently asked questions and knowledge base articles.
- What Makes a Successful Online Student
- 10 Tips of a Successful Online Learner
- Getting the Most Out of Your eLearning Course: 10 Study Tips for Online Learners
- Investigating the Online Student Body