Personalize Notification Communication
Adjust Notification Preferences
You can improve your daily interaction with the LMS by adjusting your Notification Preferences.
Before you can set your Notification Preferences, you will need to set the ways you want to be notified.
You can also add a phone number to receive SMS (text messages) or an additional email address within your settings.
- Open your Profile by clicking on account on the left side and select the Notifications link from the toolbar.
- You can set how you want to be notified for each of type of alert. Notifications are divided into six categories:
- Course Activities
Set Notification Preferences
When you hover over a Course Activities cell, four icons appear:
- Instant notifications: By selecting the Checkmark icon, you will be immediately notified of any change for the activity.
- Daily notifications: By selecting the Clock icon, you will be notified daily of any change for the activity.
- Weekly notifications: By selecting the Calendar icon, you will be notified weekly of any change for the activity.
- Disabled notifications: By selecting the X icon, you will remove the notification and will not be notified of any change for the activity.
Note: Each notification preference you set will apply to all of your courses.
View Weekly Notification Time
Here is an example of the weekly notifications note at the bottom of the page. It will specify a day and time when notifications will be sent. This varies among users.
View Notification Descriptions
When you hover over the name of a notification, you can view its details and adjust your preferences. The four areas of hover notification are described below.
- Due Date: Assignment due date change
- Grading Policies: Course grading policy change
- Course Content: Change to course content, including WikiPage, Assignment content, and Quiz content
- Files: New file added to your course
- Announcement: New announcement in your course
- Grading: Includes assignments/submission grade entered or changed, or grade weight changed
- Invitation: Includes invitations to collaborations, groups, course, peer review, and peer review reminders
- All Submissions: Assignment submission/resubmission
- Late Grading: Late assignment submission
- Submission Comment: Assignment submission comment
If you do not want these to show up in your Ember inbox as “new,” select the Mark new submission comments as read checkbox.
- Discussion: New discussion topic in your course
- Discussion Post: New discussion post in a topic you’re subscribed to
- Added to Conversation: You are added to a conversation
- Conversation Message: New Inbox message
- Group Membership Updates: Group enrollment, accepted/rejected membership